Today we are excited to share another gorgeous project feature. Our team recently collaborated with Home Design by Annie to help the owners of this Edina home transform their main level. Originally built in the late 1950s, the two-story home featured a cut-up layout and enclosed spaces that were common during that time. The kitchen was small and dated, and the home also lacked an entryway at the front door and the garage.
The homeowners had a clear vision for this main level remodel, including:
- Updating the existing finishes to create a bright and airy aesthetic
- Opening up the space to make it function better for their needs
- Adding a mudroom/entryway
- Converting the three-season space into a family room for year-round use
The completed remodel is stunning! Featuring a traditional and coastal-inspired design, the main level is warm and inviting. Better yet, it checks all the boxes with an open floor plan, mudroom entryway, large family room, multifunctional spaces, and plenty of storage!
Some of our favorite features include:
- White-painted kitchen cabinets with a spacious center island
- Elegant and eye-catching ceiling-height kitchen backsplash
- White oak wood floors throughout the main level
- A beautiful fireplace flanked by custom built-ins
- Statement light fixtures
- Abundant natural light in every room
- All new Marvin windows and doors
We had an excellent time working with these clients! They trusted our designer to take the lead and provided many great ideas of their own. They also lived in the lower level during the project, which should win them an award for patience!
Ready for a peek at the completed project? Scroll below to check out the remodeled space! If you’re ready to plan your remodel, contact our team to get started!